An Adventure Through Historic Charleston
WE’RE SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS YEARS CHARLESTON’S MAZING RACE HAS BEEN CANCELLED! WE WEREN’T ABLE TO GET THE 30 TEAM REQUIREMENT TO PRODUCE THE EVENT AT THE HIGH STANDARD THAT OUR RACERS HAVE COME TO EXPECT FROM A KANDO EVENT.
PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS AND DISCUSSIONS ON THE MAZING RACE,
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!
NOVEMBER 16, 2013
The Charleston’s Mazing Race is based on the premise of the CBS series “Amazing Race” where teams of two follow clues, complete special tasks and challenges while traveling from checkpoint to checkpoint attempting to be the first team to complete the entire race. Charleston’s Mazing Race participants will have to solve riddles and clues specific to Charleston and it’s history while traveling through the peninsula area. Racers of all ages (One adult, 18yr & over required per team) will be required to travel by foot, no other means of travel will be permitted unless otherwise specified. Some checkpoint locations will require teams to complete a special task before proceeding to the next check point or receive their next clue. Incomplete tasks will result in an incomplete race.
Spread the word this is a great time and we need a minimum of 30 teams to make this happen…Because of the obligations and expenses we have to establish a deadline of November 1, 2013…
- Hydration pack or water carrying system (If you want)
- A good pair of running shoes (per person)
- A great attitude (per person)
- Cell phone (only if you wanna call mama)
- Money (For food and …?)
- Rain Gear (If you think you might melt)
1. You must Yeild the right away to all horse drawn carriages. Penalty – Disqualified from life
2. No dragging the boats if we give you one. You are financially responsible for any damage. Penalty – 1 hour-20 lashes
3. Bike riding must be done on the designated course if you get one of those. Penalty – 1 hour-20 more lashes
4. Your team must remain together at all times. You will not know which points are manned. If you arrive at a manned checkpoint without your team, you will be asked to wait at the checkpoint until the remainder of your team arrives. Penalty– No Clue of You!
5. Use of whistles is to signal if you need assistance only! (For emergencies only) If the Charleston PD know that. Penalty – warning- Time in the slammer
6. You must recycle any trash that you produce during the race. Penalty – Slammer time for sure!
7. Absolutely no littering! Penalty– Ditto!
8. Assisting other teams is authorized on any portion of the race, but why would you do it if it wasn’t life or death?
9. You must carry all mandatory items as well as items given to you during the race. Penalty – Shame on you and possibly “No Clue For You!”!
10. All protests should be brought to the race director’s table. Race director’s decision is final. I will act like I really care.
Check-in/Packet Pick-up will be from 8-9:30 A.m. at Marion Square, Kando Adventures 10×10 E-Z-Up tent. In order to start this event on time, all teams MUST be represented at check in to sign a wavier before we will start the race.
THE RACE WILL START AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE BRIEFING, Rain or Shine. The race will have a cut-off time of 4 pm. The winning team as determined by the team with the most CP’s accumilated and the most correct answers from the days event will win a prize basket valued at an estimated $300.00. All other race participants will be eligible to win sponsor prizes. (You must be present to win)
2 person only – $120.
Until 11/1 Registration Closes and May be Cancelled if we don’t receive the minimum 30 Teams
2 person only- $150.
Method 1) Register through Active ONLINE
Method 2) Print and Complete Kando Registration Form and mail with payment to:
PO Box 54, Springfield, SC 29146
Mail in registrations must be received prior to November 1, 2013.
Registration fees, checks made payable to KanDo Adventures
*** For additional information contact Steve Morrone @ (803) 292-1900 or email at email@example.com.
2013 Teams (October 4, 2013 )
The A Team Summerville, SC
Diligent Duo Keysville, Ga.
The Sweet Tarts Goose Creek, SC
Under PAR Blairsville, Ga.
Turkey Dynasty Evans, Ga
Cunico North Augusta, SC
Under The Radar Atlanta, Ga
More Cowbell Atlanta, Ga
Tequilla Mockingbird Columbia, SC
PFM Charleston, SC
Mediocrity Atlanta, Ga.
What’s That Smell? Charleston, SC